Nikon Z50 - Photos B&W - Yellowstone - Canyonlands ...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
east2west Forum Member • Posts: 87
Nikon Z50 - Photos B&W - Yellowstone - Canyonlands ...

A month ago my wife and I spent our vacation in the US. We were in St. George Utah, Yellowstone NP, Grand Teton NP, Arches NP, Canyonlands NP, Monument Valley and some other locations. For this trip I really wanted to travel light. I have a Z6 with the 24-70/4 - too heavy on my neck right now. The years before I always had my Fuji X-E1 with the 18-55/16-50 and the 50-230 with me. But this time I also wanted to take 4K video clips which the old Fujis can't do. In june I bought the Z50 with the 16-50 for 700 Euros new. I decided to just take this little camera with me. My wife (she is on the Canon streets) lent me her Sony RX100M7 for occasional telephotos - but I hardly used it. I am very pleased with the photos and videos and didn't feel limited by the 16-50 at all. And allthough I never ever take photos in black & white I was suddenly interested in converting some pictures into b&w with tonal shifts - and suprisingly I like them. They look more dramatic then the coloured originals which I enjoy. I am actually thinking about printing some of them and put them onto my walls. Is it a midlife crisis in photography?

Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon Z50 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow