Continuous lighting with LED panel

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
maggiemole Senior Member • Posts: 1,951
Continuous lighting with LED panel

I would like to buy an LED panel for use with my GX9 for stills, and am being offered the Nitecore SCL10 which has its own power pack. It seems useful and is the size I’d like, but is not noticeably designed for use in the UK where I live, so I have been trying to find others with which to compare it.

Data is not standardised. Some manufacturers quote brightness in lumens, others in lux, and yet others don’t give a figure at all, relying on quoting the number of LEDs making up the panel.  If I want a potential brightness of 1000 lumens, how do I go about finding the right kind of panel? Is there an equivalence formula?

£90 seems enough of a sum to justify checking the specification. Can anyone help, please? Thanks.

maggiemole's gear list:maggiemole's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +8 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow