If you think you need the closer focusing of the new 35mm Summilux/Summicron lenses, consider this:

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
ixo Senior Member • Posts: 1,814
If you think you need the closer focusing of the new 35mm Summilux/Summicron lenses, consider this:

I got some inexpensive (under $50) Hoya 46mm close up lenses for my 35 Summilux and can attain close focus without having to get the new version of the lens.

Here are some non-scientific quick examples. First image is without the close-up lens, second image is with the +1 lens. You can get even closer with the +2 or +3 lenses.

I focused on the top left of the drawer for each image:

Leica Summilux 35 FLE at minimum focus distance

Leica Summilux 35 FLE at minimum focus distance  with +1 Close-up lens installed

You will still have to use the back screen or a Visioflex with the close up lens installed, just like you do with the new version of the lenses, because this allows closer focusing than is possible with the rangefinder.

In my short tests so far, I can't really tell much if any difference in the overall image quality so I am quite happy with this inexpensive solution.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow