My wonderwall (How do you enjoy/share your photos?)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MarkMyWords Regular Member • Posts: 339
My wonderwall (How do you enjoy/share your photos?)

I recently relocated to Sydney after living in the Northern Territory of Australia for ten years, to an office with a curved, freshly-painted bare wall. My new colleagues were unanimous that it needed something. The NT is a place of amazing natural beauty, much of which I was fortunate to experience and photograph. An online discount offer for 300x200mm prints prompted me to skim my LR collection and grab a dozen or so shots (so hard to choose) to fill the space:

This display of colour, textures and memories has been for me a daily delight (distraction even), and a great talking point. The exercise reinforced the value of hardcopy and display in a world of social media images viewed fleetingly a phone screen.

I've also compiled photobooks (Blurb) for family which achieved a similar result.

Computer wallpaper/screensaver has also worked well for me, and a favourite for digital consumption is rotating collections of images to our 65-inch home TV screensaver - magnificent (and not even 4k).

Interested to know what has worked for you. How do you stop and smell the roses buried on your hard drive?

Following are a few of the wall images in full size, most taken with a Fujifilm camera, but a couple using a Canon 1-inch compact and even an iPhone X:

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow