Help with my 135m Decision please

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gon Rough Forum Member • Posts: 99
Help with my 135m Decision please

Hi.

I want to purchase a 135mm lens.

Portrait and Fashion in studio mainly although I do enjoy some landscape shooting.

I have 40mm @ f 1.4 and 60mm @ f2 already. Both Voightlander.

So,  my ( self inflicted) dilemma?

(Removing the Sony GM ( Cost) and the Sigma ( bulk/weight) from my decision I’m at an advance stage of pulling the trigger on either:)

For use on A7R3

135 f2.8 Zeiss Batis . Used/Mint at less than the price ( around £40 less) of the other new  Samyang contender below.

135 f1.8 Samyang ( latest version brand new.

considerations are for;

Optical Sharpness.

Build Quality

Rendering- ( I have a Tamron 28-200 which is sharp but meh/ un exciting…I use Voightlanders for 40mm and 60mm)

Bokeh/ out of focus- will is miss the 1.8 effect at 135mm? Shooting the 40mm at f1.8 is a little thin if the face is not flat to lens which is sometimes desired but not always.

Confession - I’m drawn towards the Zeiss due to previous reviews ( The Philip Reeves one blew me away - and him)  prior to the Samyang release.  The Zeiss /Batis pedigree and reliability compared with the unknown is a factor. Guide to the best Portrait Lenses - Sony A7 series - phillipreeve.net

Scared of missing out on the, well lorded Samyang, if it is that good,  is maybe another.

Ive got about 48 hours to decide or I’ll miss the opportunity on the Zeiss.

All help for me to decide appreciated.

thanks

Ronnie

Gon Rough's gear list:Gon Rough's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Sony a7R III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +6 more
Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow