Diff. in use of Z 105 vs old F 105

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
powerbook Contributing Member • Posts: 522
Diff. in use of Z 105 vs old F 105

Hi,

For an friend I have to ask the following, as I am not near him and have therefore not experienced himself what he asks about.

He has a Z50 camera with FTZ-2 and a Nikon AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED and a Tamron 60mm macro lens.

Both optics behave similarly in terms of shutter speeds, aperture and ISO etc. But now he bought a NIKKOR Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S which behaves completely different.

The Z105 lets in much more light, so with the same shutter speed and aperture you get a much lower ISO etc. It's so much better that he actually wonders about it.

If I compare my own F lens 70-200F2.8 and the Z lens 28-200F4-6.3 at 200mm and same aperture and shutter speed, I don't think I have any difference in light and ISO.

Is this normal?

Thanks

powerbook's gear list:powerbook's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +8 more
Nikon Z50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow