Camera maintenance for fungus prevention after nighttime shooting

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Suman Vajjala Regular Member • Posts: 134
Camera maintenance for fungus prevention after nighttime shooting

Hi. I have a question regarding a method of camera maintenance for fungus prevention specially after a night of shooting. I saw a suggestion where the camera is recommended to be kept in the sunlight the next day or a few days later. Is that a safe thing to do? Also, should this be done the very next day?

I have on a couple of occasions, pointed the camera lens at the sun for a few seconds to expose the lens elements to sunlight. Is that safe? I have a mirrorless camera. It occurred to me recently that pointing it at the sun may not be such a good idea as the sensor is always exposed. Will such things result in, say, more dead/hot pixels?

If such practices are wrong, then what should one do to prevent fungus formation specially after a night of shooting? What are your best practices?

Also, if I say shoot for an hour or so in the night, can I put my camera back in the bag or should I leave it out in the open until morning? I have been keeping the camera in my bag until now as I have a few silica gel sachets in it. I want to know if that is a good practice.

Apologies if the questions are silly.

Regards

Suman

Suman Vajjala's gear list:Suman Vajjala's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow