A few sunstars with the NiSi 15mm F4 Sunstar

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
georgehudetz Veteran Member • Posts: 5,967
A few sunstars with the NiSi 15mm F4 Sunstar

I've always loved sunstars, and have been waiting to put a good sunstar lens in my kit. The Sigmas I have do OK, but they generally require the lens to be stopped down further than I prefer, and the sunstars themselves tend to be a little soft and have more points than I want. What can I say, reading Dustin Abbott has spoiled me from a sunstar standpoint.

After I read his review of the NiSi 15mm F4 Sunstar lens, I knew it was just a matter of time before I got one. And yes my first impressions are quite favorable and are consistent with his findings.

Anyway, here are a few I snapped during tonight's (otherwise rather drab) sunset.

I must say it is super nice to have such sharp sunstars when composing - they really "pop" in the viewfinder and it makes it super easy to find that perfect spot to shoot from when you are shooting though leaves, or through native grass, like the shot below.

All shots are at F8, 100% (some cropped) and processed in Capture One from raw.

This is where getting perfect alignment was important, but it was easy with those nice, sharp sunstars.

georgehudetz's gear list:georgehudetz's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 Panasonic S 24-105mm F4 Macro OIS Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN Panasonic Lumix S Pro 16-35mm F4 +4 more
NiSi 15mm F4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow