Frustrated and disappointed....

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
thegreat26
thegreat26 Contributing Member • Posts: 982
Frustrated and disappointed....

Hi my fellow pentaxians.

As you might remember about 4 months ago I had an accident and my K 1 and my 15-30 fell on the floor and broke. I needed to pay 1500 euros in Pentax Europe to have them fixed for me. After I got a better price for the mark ii i bought it and decided to have only my 15-30 fixed for the crazy amount of 952 euros. It seems that I didn't have choice. I prefer not to talk about the mark ii which i had to buy it to cover a client's needs. (for me its not an upgrade as the raw files are worst than the mark 1, the only positive i found was the better more sure autofocus. Maybe i am wrong as at night photography i couldnt try it with my 15-30 yet)-Please don't attack me it's just my opinion.

The worst part is that after almost 3 months the lens arrived back serviced;(even the broken lens cap was not replaced). A week ago I tried the lens in some late September Milky way photos. There was something wrong with the focus. When the center of the frame was focused the corners were not focused as they used to. After I realized that something was wrong I tried to focus the corner stars but the center of the frame was not focused. Also some fringing was noticeable at the corners that I didn't have before.

I am so disappointed about their behaviour. It took so long and it seems that I will need to send my lens back from Cyprus to France as I have no other options. This is not how you treat loyal customers.

Ignore the trails as astrotracer was used. A photo after the repair.

Repaired

thegreat26's gear list:thegreat26's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-1 Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Pentax K10D Nikon D750 +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow