Fujifilm RAW Compression types and editing on IOS

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
shosannax Junior Member • Posts: 25
Fujifilm RAW Compression types and editing on IOS

Hi, Fujifilm X-T30ii user here. Recently I decided to shoot RAW, and edit them on my iPhone 12 using Lightroom Mobile (That's the least expensive option for me).

I have heard a few people talk about IOS not being able to open compressed and lossless compressed RAW files, and that I should shoot uncompressed.

I tried all three compression types and I was able to open them all on Lightroom mobile. I airdropped RAW files to my iPhone and on the photos app, there isn't any preview or anything, on all three types.

My question is this: Do I lose any data on my photos if I shoot lossless compressed and edit them on IOS Lightroom? I don't want to use uncompressed because uncompressed file size are really huge, like twice the size of lossless compressed.

As I said, I don't see any difference between these three compression types. How they appear in photos app and how I am able to open them in Lightroom Mobile, they are all the same.

But I still can't be sure and want to know if it's okay to shoot lossless compressed and edit on IOS.

Thanks for your answers in advance.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow