Day with Sony 200-600mm - a little disappointing

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PTSC Regular Member • Posts: 102
Day with Sony 200-600mm - a little disappointing

Hi All,

A few days ago I had the opportunity to try out the 200-600mm at typically English sporting event.

The weather was great, so i was expecting some fairly good shots. I was unfortunately a little disappointed.

Given that I've never used this lens before, I would like to know if my results are typical of its ability or whether my use of it was not totally correct.

Overall I found the lens to be soft and hazy, despite the good light my ISO was a little higher than i would have liked, however to freeze the movement, I needed to use 1/2000 shutter speeds.

I've seen many photos taken with this lens (mainly birds) and for the most part they are all excelled. Sharp with great contrast despite high ISO.

Aside from lack of ability, is there any obvious reason as to why my photos are very different?

Many thanks for your thoughts and suggestions

Cheers,

P.

P.S. The below photos are from my keepers selection and ones I would consider to be border line acceptable. Many more photos (since deleted) exhibited much more noise and were even softer.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
Fsi
Fsi
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow