Focus bracket

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dick Barbour
Dick Barbour Senior Member • Posts: 1,770
Focus bracket

Does anyone use this successfully on the G9? I'd like to get my closeups of flowers, etc., to have more in focus. I've played around with it but am having a hard time getting results. I don't see any explanation for the "Step" parameter that makes sense. Here's what the manual says:

"Sets the interval between focus positions. The distance by which the focus position moves in each step will be shorter if the initial position is closer to a subject, and conversely if the initial position is farther from a subject, the distance will be longer."

The 1st sentence is obvious, but what are the units of the interval? The default is "2" but I don't know what that means in terms of distance. And the 2nd sentence makes no sense at all .

Anybody understand this? Thanks,

Dick

Dick Barbour's gear list:Dick Barbour's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic G95 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +5 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow