Hasselblad Phocus, combined workflow.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
BrandonSi Regular Member • Posts: 176
Re: X2D-100c Hasselblad Phocus 3.7workflow.

JimKasson wrote:

SrMi wrote:

JimKasson wrote:

ajm057 wrote:

I require Phocus to deliver output in a colour space that I know precisely how Adobe software (primarily LRC) will treat it. AND since ProPhoto is the largest working space available to work with in LRC

Not only is it the largest working space for LrC, it's also the smallest, since it's the only working space that LrC uses. But, as I pointed out before, LrC uses just the PPRGB primaries and white point, and ignores the Kodak-specified PPRGB gamma.

What is the purpose of the output profile embedded in the TIFF when processing the files in LrC?

By output profile, I'm assuming you mean the profile embedded in the TIFF file. It tells LrC what the color space of the data in the file is. Lr needs that information to convert the image to its working space.

And to add to that, without the embedded profile, I believe Lightroom has no choice but to attempt to infer the originating color space, which often means an assumption of sRGB.

BrandonSi's gear list:BrandonSi's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Hasselblad X1D II 50C Fujifilm X-T4 Leica SL2-S +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow