Comparison of max f stops for various tele lenses for mirrorless!

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
And-roid
And-roid Senior Member • Posts: 2,774
Comparison of max f stops for various tele lenses for mirrorless!

I have just pulled this together to give people an idea of where Fuji now stacks up against the competition with super tele's and its quite interesting. I haven't included the 70-300 but I do think that lens in itself is head and shoulders better than anything on any other platform currently, considering it is really a 100-450 and takes tc's too, Fuji really pulled out all the stops on that one, the mfd, size, ois/ibis etc really is a special lens.

For super tele though, I think Tamron just released a real game-changer for Fuji, the 150-600 is just a bit too slow for here in the UK, to be honest I was totally disappointed in the £3K Canon 100-500  RF on the R7 biggest waste of money ever, although I think it will be much better on the R5 and R3 with some caveats.  The 200-600 on Sony is just too bulky for me and the other 100-400's too short considering their size. The Tamron 150-500 worked well on the A7IV but often, again it was too short and a good aps-c option for Sony still doesn't exist.

Thankfully Tamron have stepped up and looking at the table below, I will definitely get this over the 100-400 initially although ibis/ois on Sony was very limited, so I am interested to see how it works on Fuji.

And-roid's gear list:And-roid's gear list
Fujifilm X-H2 Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS WR Fujifilm XF 70-300 F4-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 18-120mm F4 LM PZ WR +2 more
Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow