Most fun 35mm camera to shoot?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bags27 Senior Member • Posts: 1,778
Most fun 35mm camera to shoot?

I'm primarily a medium format photographer (Mamiya, Rollei, and HB). I love medium format. I love all its impracticality; I love tripods; I love the huge negatives; I love great detail. I even love my Holga.

But 120 film is getting really expensive to use. And I have tons and tons of 135 film I need to use.

I have a Leica M4-P with some great Leica and VC glass, and my original Nikon FE with a full range of lenses.

I use the Leica a fair amount. But, lately, I don't get the joy from it. And the Nikon is >40 years old, and we're just old friends now.

I'm thinking of buying another 135 camera--probably not a Leica--that's fun to use and turns out images that won't embarrass my Leica or my MF cameras. I'm torn between all manual and some electronics (especially a built-in light meter).

So far, musing over an Nikon F (4 or 6?) or FM3a--none of these are cheap; or something in the Yashica/Contax world that would use the Y/C lenses.  From what I can see, most of the latter line has greater maintenance problems than Nikons.

thoughts?

Thanks!!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow