Unofficial Train, Plane, and Tram thread #15

Started Jul 29, 2022 | Discussions thread
Lan Veteran Member • Posts: 4,789
Re: Unofficial Train, Plane, and Tram thread #15

Deltic wrote:

Lan wrote:

Welcome to the form Jonathan! A good shot of one of the royal 67's.

Really like your username; the only better choice (entirely in my opinion of course) would be Hoover or Vac Deltic would come a close second for me though, that sound is utterly unique!

Thank you for the welcome. Just in case anyone thinks we are talking about domestic appliances we actually mean British Rail's English Electric Class 50s so called because they originally sounded like vacuum cleaners. And for comparison I've also attached a photograph of a Deltic, no less than my favourite one. Also built by English Electric both classes had similar bogies and a top speed of 100mph.

That's a brilliant shot of 55022! Nice to see one in the countryside, rather than the usual station environment. Beautifully prepared, and standing in the sun too.

For our overseas readers I understand bogies = trucks.

Lan, I'm also a great fan of Class 50s, too. I've actually been lucky enough to drive two of the locos depicted (50035 and 55022) on the Severn Valley Railway and have to admit that the 50 seemed easier and smoother to drive.

I've not driven one yet myself, but that must have been an amazing experience!

Nice to meet another 50 fan 🙂

I look forward to seeing more of your pictures in due course!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Lan
Lan
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow