Unofficial Train, Plane, and Tram thread #15

Started Jul 29, 2022 | Discussions thread
Deltic Forum Member • Posts: 50
Re: Unofficial Train, Plane, and Tram thread #15

50035 "Ark Royal" on the Severn Valley Railway, 11/5/17

50007 "Hercules" in atrocious weather on the "Thanet Thunder railtour through Sittingbourne on 31/7/21

Deltic 55022 "Royal Scots Grey", North Blyth, 17/5/11

Lan wrote:

Welcome to the form Jonathan! A good shot of one of the royal 67's.

Really like your username; the only better choice (entirely in my opinion of course) would be Hoover or Vac Deltic would come a close second for me though, that sound is utterly unique!

Deltic wrote:

Hi all,

Just signed up to the forum as I've recently purchased as Panasonic S1, see: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4669411

After a month I'm now getting to grip with the camera after using my trusty Pentax K20D for 14 years, so here is my first contribution to this thread.

Jonathan

Thank you for the welcome. Just in case anyone thinks we are talking about domestic appliances we actually mean British Rail's English Electric Class 50s so called because they originally sounded like vacuum cleaners. And for comparison I've also attached a photograph of a Deltic, no less than my favourite one. Also built by English Electric both classes had similar bogies and a top speed of 100mph.

Lan, I'm also a great fan of Class 50s, too. I've actually been lucky enough to drive two of the locos depicted (50035 and 55022) on the Severn Valley Railway and have to admit that the 50 seemed easier and smoother to drive.

Deltic's gear list:Deltic's gear list
Pentax K20D Panasonic S1 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Tamron AF 18-250mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Panasonic S 24-105mm F4 Macro OIS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Lan
Lan
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow