Jumping to a full frame Z, what to keep, what to sell?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP CrankAddict New Member • Posts: 20
Re: I was completely wrong about DX crop mode and a question about 70-200 for macro...

Z6User wrote:

Overall though you haven’t said what you shoot and which focal lenses you use most often. There is a difference between landscape shots at 200mm, and shots of racing cars at 200mm.

To be clear, I don't do anything professionally.  I have many hobbies and photography is the one that complements all the others nicely.  Examples of things I have shot in the past couple years:

• Interior pics of furniture I built
  • Closeup (but not true macro) and "modeled" shots of watches
  • Mountain bike races (action shots)
  • Volleyball games
  • Lake activities (skiing, tubing)
  • Road bike pictures (static pics of the bike by itself)
  • Car races
  • Car shows
  • Interior dog pictures
  • Long distance animal shots at Yellowstone
  • Close(r) range animal shots in my yard
  • Landscape shots
  • Pictures of friends at BBQs

So I guess that's a little bit of everything?  Honestly, the sports/action shots with the 80-200 have been the only ones I'm consistently happy with in terms of looking even remotely "professional".  I know it takes much more than great gear to get great shots, but I'd really like to be able to improve the watch shots (of which I hate almost every one I've ever shot), and the various interior shots (furniture, dog, etc).  I'm all ears (eyes?) for any recommendations you or others may have.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow