Jumping to a full frame Z, what to keep, what to sell?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP CrankAddict New Member • Posts: 20
Re: I was completely wrong about DX crop mode and a question about 70-200 for macro...

olyflyer wrote:

Not really. Even my four year old Z7 has VERY accurate and fast eye detect function. It does not have air plane, car, animal, bird detect, but that does not prevent me from shooting those items.

The Z7ii is even better than my old Z7.

Nevertheless, of course the Z9 beats every camera with a horse length...

But the Z9 is really overkill for most human on this forum.

Thanks to this conversation I've started considering all systems.  From the head-to-heads I've seen, it seems the Canon EOS R6 AF is on another level as compared to the Z6ii.  It didn't look like the Nikon really did anything "wrong" but it was as if the Canon (and Sony) had some superpowers which the Nikon lacked.  I need to try to find a Z7ii vs EOS R5/6 comparison to see how that looks.  A Z7ii would give me a usable DX mode perhaps making it worth keeping the 12-24 f/4 lens.  The R6 is pretty low on MP and the R5 is more expensive than the Z7ii.

Considering Canon of course then brings in the lens comparisons even if the bodies are a "draw".  For example the Canon RF 24-70 has a much closer minimum focus distance.  I also like the old school rings/displays versus that new digital display system Nikon is using.  And Canon's 100mm macro is apparently pretty unbelievable and does 1.4:1 magnification as compared to Nikon's 1:1.

Feels like I need to start a spreadsheet to have a chance of keeping track of the various pros/cons of all the combos

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow