Should i watermark/sign my photos or leave them "blank"?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
winterwonderland Forum Member • Posts: 63
Should i watermark/sign my photos or leave them "blank"?

My better half has been to an arrangement with her son where she was the photographer. It's a non-paid photographing job that she did. The organizers of the event are now inquiring her about the photos from the arrangement, and we're now wondering if she should watermark/sign all the photos with her signature/logo before she puts on the memory stick to hand it to the organizer or should she leave them as they are? Shouldn't she sign/watermark them since they are HER photos, right? And if she signs them and they crop the photos, they should definitely credit her, correct?

We're a bit unsure on how this works since she is not a professional photographer, but more as a hobby photographer. And even if this is her own initiative, she should still sign/watermark the photos she decides to hand over, yes?

The organizers will probably use the photos on their web page and facebook. Probably not for commercial use.

We are located in Norway, but does it matter that much, or?

Thanks in advance!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow