X2D 100 ordered

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
BrandonSi Regular Member • Posts: 176
Re: X2D 100 ordered

Paul wrote:

I switched from GFX 50 to X1DII and 907 and back to GFX 100s. both systems have advantages and disadvantages, and I really, really like having great zoom options. I love primes as well but for shooting people primes alone are just too limiting. I am sure hasselblad will add features but I am not sure AF will be as good overall as it is with GFX. the built in storage and iPad app of the hasselblad are awesome.

but at the end of the day it comes down to IQ for me. I did prefer the hasselblad files over the gfx 50 files. and at the end of the day I did prefer the GFX 100s features and speed without sacrificing IQ when I switched. so if the X2D gives me better files without slowing things down, I might put up with all primes again.

I am looking forward to reviews and actual files and will do my own tests at some point.

I am concerned about heat. it was a problem with the X1DII for me and I have had a little issue with the GFX 100s, so the small black body with all that tech makes me suspicious.

the other thing is that the GFX is a great camera. solid. cheaper. a new great WA zoom announced, T/S lenses on the horizon. and I am not sure how much better the hasselblad IQ can be.

Why not use the XCD zoom? It's an amazing lens, one of the best in the lineup.

BrandonSi's gear list:BrandonSi's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Hasselblad X1D II 50C Fujifilm X-T4 Leica SL2-S +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
rbf
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow