What’s happening to the G5X II?

Started Aug 7, 2022 | Questions thread
Lance W Senior Member • Posts: 1,260
Re: What’s happening to the G5X II?

As a prospective buyer of the G5 X II (and not a prior Canon user) I am surprised by the difficulty to find these cameras, as well as its price. I am looking for something to replace my Panasonic GM5 that is falling apart (thumb dial stopped working, and power lever feels like it will be next). But $900 for this camera seems excessive. One could get a Panasonic G100 for hundreds less, and get much more camera. But I really want a camera with a viewfinder that is as small as possible. The G100 is just not as small enough. The Sony's seem like computers and not cameras, and I feel like they are not well made (all Sony's really seem delicate). I'd love a Ricoh GR with VF, but I am never gonna get it. The handling of the G5 X seems better than the other 1-inchers, and I love the close-focusing at zoom. Those things have me intrigued. But getting a hold of one is surprisingly difficult. A sort-of nearby Best Bye <wink> has a discounted open box one, per their website. Yet despite calling and emailing BB will not get back to me.

It's a strange world we live in these days.

Lance W's gear list:Lance W's gear list
Ricoh GXR P10 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 VC Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica X2 Olympus Tough TG-3 Panasonic LX100 +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
(unknown member)
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow