Still no release date of the GF TSE lenses

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
marc aurel Regular Member • Posts: 147
Re: more images of the two GF TS lenses

The barrel of the TS 30mm looks like you could attach a tripod collar to allow shift without moving the optical center of the lens (for stitching e.g.). The area next to the focusing ring looks EXACTLY like the one on the GF 100-200 and the GF 250 where you attach the collar. Plus a marking on the barrel for correct orientation of the collar.
I am a bit sceptical because that means stressing the geared shift with the weight of the camera. But maybe I underestimate the rigidity of the construction of that mechanism.

The barrel of the TS 110mm does not have such an area. Maybe there is not enough space there because the tilt mechanism is placed and oriented differently (center of tilt is further out than with the TS 30mm). But this lens has a necking area between the shift mechanism and the tilt mechanisn that could be used for a rectangular collar. Speculative, but I see no other reason for this design decision. Do you?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rbf
rbf
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
rbf
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow