GFX – is there a faster way to access focus peaking?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP marc aurel Regular Member • Posts: 147
Re: GFX – is there a faster way to access focus peaking?

spilla wrote:

marc aurel wrote:

To activate and deactivate focus peaking takes a lot of time on GFX cameras. I would like it to be faster because for composition I find focus peaking disturbing. For focusing it can be a great help in some situations.

You have to press the rear dial for some time to switch focus aids on. Then, to cycle through the various focus aids you have to reapeat that several times until you reach focus peaking as the last of them. You can't assign that to a function button which would make it faster.

It would be great if Fuji could change firmware to make that faster.
Or did I miss something?

There’s a trick you missed. Assign a function button to focus assist zoom. If you push and hold that button, it toggles your selected focus assist mode on and off.

Thanks for you help. I did not know that this function can be assigned to a button too.

Unfortunately it only works with holding the button for about a second too. And it does not switch focus peaking on and off (at least with my GFX 100). It cycles through the modes, just like pressing and holding the rear command dial. So it is as time consuming ;-(

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow