Unofficial Train, Plane, and Tram thread #15

Started Jul 29, 2022 | Discussions thread
1971_M5
1971_M5 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,133
Re: Craig

Yes, UP = Omaha.  I agree.  The pic is from South Seattle.  Not sure why the color is called "Omaha Orange" although there is a slight connection between Omaha (Nebraska) and the BNSF railway (i.e., Burlington Railroad).  I believe it was about 50 years ago when Burlington merged with NP and GN to form "Burlington Northern" (primary color was green) and then in 1996 BN merged with Santa Fe to become BNSF (Santa Fe was blue/yellow).  When you look up "Omaha Orange" you'll see a lot of links for automotive paint (i.e., factory color for cars/trucks in the 1960's and possible earlier) so maybe it was just a coincidence that BNSF chose "Omaha Orange" for their primary color?  Of course, orange is also good for safety and visibility.  Most of my work commuting takes me near BNSF tracks, but as I mentioned, I will try to find some UP yellow to mix things up a it.

1971_M5's gear list:1971_M5's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Lan
Lan
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow