ON1 Photo RAW any good?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
cyanhue Regular Member • Posts: 236
Re: ON1 Photo RAW any good?

mmmustard wrote:

I think it's good. It is straightforward and intuitive to use. You can get good results without having to consult your PhotoShop manual. I'm on 2021 now and stopped there because the upgrades didn't seem that significant. The 2023 may be worth it. One reason for my switching from Adobe was to own my software as opposed to a subscription. I figured it would be less expensive in the long run, but I'm not sure that's true anymore if you keep up with the updates, which come every 6 months. Anyway, ON1 Raw is a very good photo editor for simple sophistication.

regarding the updates:
there are:
1. a major yearly update (20XX) which require a significant upgrade fee (but usually also come with major features) 
2. a smaller mid year update (x.5 version) which is included with no charge if you bought the version for that year

3. occasional smaller bug-fix updates. I have contacted their support once and had an issue fixed in one of the bug fix updates.

cyanhue's gear list:cyanhue's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow