Pixelmator Photo, iPad Air5 and uncompressed RAFs

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Robmas4229
OP Robmas4229 Senior Member • Posts: 1,216
Re: Pixelmator Photo, iPad Air5 and uncompressed RAFs

Greybeard2017 wrote:

Robmas4229 wrote:

Greetings.

I recently purchased Pixelmator Photo for my new iPad Air5 and was hoping to use it for processing raw files from my XE3, XT30-II and XT3. According to Pixelmator they can open any raw files that the IOS supports.

This weekend I took some random test shots in RAW + Fine with the XT30-II and later imported them into Photos on the iPad. When I tried to open them with Pixelmator I received an error with words to the effect that the file type is not supported. I made certain that the camera was set to uncompressed raw so I know that's' not the problem.

So as a comparison, I took some test shots with the XT3, put them through the same process and was able to open them just fine.

So does anyone know if there's a difference between XT30-II RAFs and those from the XT3? Or is there something else I'm missing.

Although I've been shooting with Fuji X camera gear for eight years or so, I am admittedly far from knowledgeable when it comes to post processing other than Mac Photos editor or Windows Photo editing, both pretty basic so now I'm looking for a slightly more capable, portable solution that is not subscription based and doesn't cost a lot. ( I realize "a lot" is subjective)

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rob

Not yet supported - Apple are slow in supporting new cameras

I thought that too but since Apple supports uncompressed RAW from the XT30, XT3 and XT4 I don't understand why not the XT30-II since they use the same sensor and processor. Maybe it's one of those situations where we need to edit the exif data so the software thinks it's an XT3?

Robmas4229's gear list:Robmas4229's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 II Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow