Pixelmator Photo, iPad Air5 and uncompressed RAFs

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Robmas4229
Robmas4229 Senior Member • Posts: 1,216
Pixelmator Photo, iPad Air5 and uncompressed RAFs

Greetings.

I recently purchased Pixelmator Photo for my new iPad Air5 and was hoping to use it for processing raw files from my XE3, XT30-II and XT3. According to Pixelmator they can open any raw files that the IOS supports.

This weekend I took some random test shots in RAW + Fine with the XT30-II and later imported them into Photos on the iPad. When I tried to open them with Pixelmator I received an error with words to the effect that the file type is not supported. I made certain that the camera was set to uncompressed raw so I know that's' not the problem.

So as a comparison, I took some test shots with the XT3, put them through the same process and was able to open them just fine.

So does anyone know if there's a difference between XT30-II RAFs and those from the XT3? Or is there something else I'm missing.

Although I've been shooting with Fuji X camera gear for eight years or so, I am admittedly far from knowledgeable when it comes to post processing other than Mac Photos editor or Windows Photo editing, both pretty basic so now I'm looking for a slightly more capable, portable solution that is not subscription based and doesn't cost a lot. ( I realize "a lot" is subjective)

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rob

Robmas4229's gear list:Robmas4229's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 II Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +7 more
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow