Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Z6User
Z6User Senior Member • Posts: 1,101
Re: Teleconverter For 24-120?

shuncheung wrote:

skyrunr wrote:

BasilG wrote:

skyrunr wrote:

I like the idea teleconverters too. I'd probably buy a 24-70f2.8S if it accepted a TC.

How would that be useful? 34-100/4? 48-140/5.6?

I'm fascinated by the energetic responses to this post. 70-100mm is portrait range. I'm not a shallow DOF junkie, and still want f2.8 when I need it. Coming from DX DSLR's I'm quite used to the range, and prefer it, and that is why I went with the Z7II. Not to mention the option of using the lens natively, which would be my primary use.

Typically TC don’t produce good results with shorter lenses. In the AI-S era, i.e. before AF, Nikon used to make a TC-14a for shorter lenses. They stopped that for AF-I/AF-S and now Z.

I have the TC14-A and it does work well with several ~100mm F mount macro lenses.

The OP might be better off buying the last version of the 70-300mm F mount zoom and using it with an FTZ.

You are better off with the 24-120/4 S than using a TC to totally mess up the excellent 24-70/2.8 S. I own both of those. That’s why no such TC exists.

-- hide signature --
 Z6User's gear list:Z6User's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow