Your favourite M4/3 camera body for use with vintage manual focus lenses

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Diacyclops81 Contributing Member • Posts: 639
Re: Your favourite M4/3 camera body for use with vintage manual focus lenses

Since a lot of vintage manual focus lenses are, with adapter, large and not very light, the smallest m4/3 bodies aren’t the best choice. Nor do they tend to have the best In camera IBIS…I think if one brings up in-lens stabilization, that isn’t something found in vintage manual focus lenses. Granted they are fine with the smaller lenses, like Oly half frame lenses for PenFTs. Pannys aren’t the best choice for adapting original 4/3 lenses but those are AF not MF anyway. Of course almost all the m4/3 bodies can still make the case of being “smaller and lighter” except the E-M1X, compared to say the DSLRs of yrs past and especially film SLRs. For a reminder, compare an E-M5ii, let’s say, with the Oly 60 macro, to a vintage DSLR with a 60mm Contax Zeiss attached. There’s a spectrum of things to use, but I like the E-M1ii for inexpensive, competent and versatile for adapting anything from the 4/3 glass, to most any manual focus lens, with pretty good IBIS performance. Of course I do not like the thick sensor cover glass of any m4/3 when using rangefinder wide angles.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow