How do you enter your MS Account for activation & authentication in Office 2021 & Microsoft 365?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
bananahead Contributing Member • Posts: 551
Re: How do you enter your MS Account for activation & authentication in Office 2021 & Microsoft 365?

Simon Garrett wrote:

sygnus21 wrote:

Billiam29 wrote:

Is one of these options more likely than the other to require you to sign into Windows itself with a Microsoft account at some point in the future?

Since Office is a separate product from Windows, it doesn't matter whether you use a local or Microsoft Account (MAS) to log into "Windows" as it has no bearing on how to activate Office. In other words, it is not required you log into "Windows" to activate/use Office, as it has its own sign-in/activation procedure as explained here - Activate Office

And for the record, I don't use a local account, but do use a Microsoft Account. And even though I'm logged into Windows with that account, I still had to sign into Microsoft to activate Office also explained here - Where to enter your Office product key

I might be wrong, but I think that for Microsoft (Office) 365, you need a Microsoft account and to sign in with that. Office 365 seems to be tied to your Microsoft account. As I say, I stand to be corrected on that. Nothing is straightforward with Microsoft!

You need a Microsoft account for 365 in exactly the same way as you need an Adobe account for their Creative Cloud apps. It is that straightforward,

bananahead's gear list:bananahead's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 28-70mm F2L USM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow