Nikon Z9, please give us better firmware for animal recognition and tracking

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alberto1290 Junior Member • Posts: 26
Nikon Z9, please give us better firmware for animal recognition and tracking

If the hardware has enough resources, we need a better firmware for animal recognition and tracking.

The Z9 even if with firmware 2.1 does not recognize and isn't able to follow animals like the Sony A1 and , expecially, the Eos R3 actually do.

I own Nikon and Canon system, I've used extensively this summer also the A1 and after all I have to say that if I have to go out for animals I will not relay on Nikon, because I can lose focus in a completely random way, sometimes even with close subjects (and I will lose the moment ... sometimes unrepeatable))

As of today, I carry with me the Z9 for landscape reasons and for "heart reasons" but , sadly, for action, I feel sure with the R3.

I can say, that with R3 I can forget the camera I'm using, because I'm confident of the results I can obtain and I'm concentrate only on photography.

During these years we begun to be used to relay on camera capability of discover in the display, the head and now the eye of the animal, making possible to concentrate on the composition e to follow the action.

But even if switched in 3D e putting the square on the subject the Z9 often erratically moves to other points, losing focus.

It's an expensive camera, and I believe there's nothing wrong for asking support.

I also would like to know the impressions of other Z9 wildlife photographers out there and if they have had the possibility of comparing with other pro level camera like I do.

Anyway, Nikon , if the hardware is up to it, give us a firmware that repositions the Z9 to the competition level and we can go back to use your lenses on the field.

I really would like

kind regards

Alberto

Alberto1290's gear list:Alberto1290's gear list
Sigma dp3 Quattro Sigma dp0 Quattro Sony RX1R II Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D70 +45 more
Nikon Z9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow