What can be done to improve connection points on nikon body?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Marius_dd New Member • Posts: 7
What can be done to improve connection points on nikon body?

Hello!

I am having some issues with a nikon body + sigma lens connection. It appears that the lens does not fully connect with the body, and several lens function such as the autofocus is often unresponsive. By using a bit of force when attaching the two (which I know is not the best to do), the autofocus is fully responsive and works fine, but I do not want to deal with this issue anymore since it causes a lot of attachments/detachments everytime I am going to use the lens. After doing some troubleshooting I found out that it is the electrical contact points on my camera body that is the problem, most likely because they have gotten worn over time. The camera is the Nikon D5600, and it has been working perfect with other nikon/nikkor lenses, however the issues occur every time I use the Sigma lens. I do also have another Nikon body, the older D40, and when using the lens on that body I have no issues, so it is not a direct issue with the lens. My question is therefor if there are any options when it comes to improving the Nikon body's electrical contact points/what can be done to achive a better connection with the Sigma lens. I have tried to clean the electrical contacts a few times with a high quality optical cleaning cloth/wipe, but other than that I have not done much more to it. Any tips/things that can help with the issue would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D40 Nikon D5600 Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow