Angelbird CFExpress for R5/R5C for (mainly) video

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Scott Dobry
Scott Dobry Regular Member • Posts: 313
Angelbird CFExpress for R5/R5C for (mainly) video

Any anecdotal feedback on Angelbird brand for use with both R5 / R5C for video--mainly 4KHQ and 4K 60/120 fps? I hear that CS with this brand (if/when needed) is not great but lots of YouTubers seem to love it due to incredible price and performance. A 512GB with sustained write speeds of 800+ MBps (more than 2x speed needed for 8K and 3x for 120 4k) is just $180. Competing brands go for $400 to $500.

2nd question, in a pinch can a v60 SD card (for example a Sony Tough M-class) cover 4KHQ @23.98 fps? Canon says data rate requirement at that setting is 58.75 MBps. The sustained write rating on that card is 60 MBps (just at the threshold). I ask as it would pertain to backup . You could put an Angelbird 512 CFExpress in one slot and simultaneously record backup to the v60 in the SD slot.  Yes, v90 would be better but they are also very expensive.   4K capture is an expensive endeavor I suppose....

-- hide signature --

Scott Dobry
www.scottdobry.com

Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R5 C
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow