bad pictures??

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KlaasK Forum Member • Posts: 94
bad pictures??

A few weeks ago, I was at the river Tarn in France, and had the opportunity to shoot some vultures. Me being still alive, the birds saw no reason to come very close. All shots are taken handheld at 1/2000 sec, and with 2/3 stop overexposure (because of the blue sky) with the R5 in combination with the RF800 f11 (with back button animal eye autofocus). The shots are minimally processed in lightroom – including some noise reduction.

The first shot is taken at ISO 6400, and the crop has 1280x1280 pixels. The second shot is taken at ISO 3200 and has 1000x1000 pixels. The third shot is at ISO 2000, and again 1000x1000 pixels. The fourth shot is ISO 1250 and has 1200x1200 pixels.

I was a little disappointed with respect to the sharpness and/or detail of the birds in the pictures. What could be the problem? Is it me? Is it the high ISO value or are the shots just not sharp (taken without tripod).

Maybe the number of pixels on the birds defines what is more-or-less the limit of what is possible with this hardware combination. Like to hear your comments on this.

ISO6400

ISO3200

ISO 2000

ISO 1250

KlaasK's gear list:KlaasK's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 800mm F11 IS STM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow