LR Alternatives for Fuji

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Rightsaidfred
Rightsaidfred Senior Member • Posts: 2,110
darktable, and LUTs that mimic Fujifilm film simulations

5teveO wrote:

Rightsaidfred wrote:

5teveO wrote:

As time allows I'm learning Darktable but its immense and unfamiliar - so is a huge learning curve.

Hi Steve

Welcome to Fujiland. I shared my standard workflow with darktable. Just to let you know. But yes, it takes some time to learn.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/66324702

Kind regards,

Martin

Thanks Martin

Yes I have looked at your workflow and intend to get round to it. I like the idea of DR but it really is daunting compared to LR plus I am heavily windows based and taught so linux style apps always cause me issues - my issue with DR was as a baseline trying to get the images to look like OOC.. as my starting point and it was that I was struggling with. I have been talking to Bastibe too regarding this as I know he is working on some styles and LUTS.

Steve

darktable runs perfectly fine on Windows. I did this for the first one or two years.

My workflow should provide you quite good OOC looking images.

The. OOC look is thanks to Stewart Sowerby's great LUTs. I have never encountered as good Fujifilm film simulations mimicking LUTs as those. But the newer film simulations are lacking. Also, they're actually made for X-Trans III. But the difference to the generation IV is not that big so they work also with the X-T4.

Please let me know should you have good LUTs.

Also thinking of making own LUTs but but similarly like you, I have too many interests and hobbies, too much work, family, and never find enough time

Regards,

Martin

Rightsaidfred's gear list:Rightsaidfred's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow