Does the camera body matter when using the same lens and film?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hokyungbenjaminbenlee Regular Member • Posts: 207
Does the camera body matter when using the same lens and film?

Question: If I use two completely different cameras with same lens and same film with same exposure settings, am I likely to get two completely same photographs?

I had a discussion about this on Facebook film group and some users were saying that everything depends on the lens and I am definitely going to get the same result regaedless of the camera as long as the lens is the same. I strongly believe this is not the case.

I am questioning this because from my personal experience, I get different result from two different cameras even if I use the same settings and the same lens. When I use Tamron 70-200mm 2.8 G2 on Canon EOS 3000N, the result is sharper and cleaner than when I use the same lens on Canon EOS 300X.

And in case of digital when I use my XF 60mm 2.4 lens on my Fuji X-Pro 2 the result is sharper and cleaner than when I use my Fuji X-T20 despite the fact that these cameras share the same sensor technology.

I am sure there is more to it than using the same lens for sure especially with film photography. Is it to do with the film back or the shutter technology?

hokyungbenjaminbenlee's gear list:hokyungbenjaminbenlee's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Fujifilm X-T20 Canon EOS RP Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD +6 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow