Okay - someone convince me that Deep Prime is worth it

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Forum Pro • Posts: 13,964
Okay - someone convince me that Deep Prime is worth it

I had some shots in good light at base ISO on my Pro3 that have been bugging me.  The problem is these taken in sage brush country.  Sage brush seems to be a real challenge for digital.  The resolution of a 26 MP XTrans sensor seems insufficient and most converters including Fuji's Jpeg engine struggle.  My Leica Q2M at a real 47 MP resolution handles it fine.  My XPro3 at the 10 to 13 equivalent MP resolution seems to struggle.

So I down loaded DXO Deep Raw trial after hearing all the hype.  Turns out it looks like hype rather than real.  In fact the Deep Raw seems to make matters better some times but worse other times.   So far I have not been impressed with Deep Raw.

So all those that are singing the praises of Deep Raw - I'm all ears.  It may very well be the 26 MP CFA is not a good choice in sage brush country and there is no silver bullet to help it.

-- hide signature --

"The winds of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears," Bedouin Proverb
__
Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Leica Q2 Monochrom Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +15 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
JNR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow