X-H2s and Time

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 28,123
X-H2s and Time

In just a few outings with my X-H2s my perception of time has changed. The other day I was photographing a green heron that was perched on a bridge railing when it dove down to the stream below, took a couple of steps and then showed that it was about to blast off. I quickly moved lined him up in my finder as he started to kick off and tripped the shutter tracking the heron is it rose from the stream. It seemed an eternity with the camera rattling off out of focus images at 40 FPS till it snapped into focus. At home I found 12 OOF images from the beginning of the burst and the 13th was sharp yet not appealing. 12 OOF frames, that seems a lot, well it did till I did the math 13x1/40 = 0.325 seconds to grab focus on the eye with a subject rapidly accelerating and changing direction and also a very high contrast background. That's a lot loner than I've become used to yet not bad considering that I had the focus limiter off as I had been so close to the subject. I don't love the background in these photographs and darkened it a bit. Here are frames 14, 15 and 17 of the burst. All are cropped a touch for composition yet the middle one more than the other two.

15)

17)

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-H2S Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II XF 90mm +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow