Upgrading from X-T1 for portraits to for instance X-T3/X-S10: worth it?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MikeKiwi Regular Member • Posts: 190
Upgrading from X-T1 for portraits to for instance X-T3/X-S10: worth it?

For the past year I've done portrait photography (mostly outdoors, 10% studio) with my Canon Eos RP. Was pretty satisfied with it.
Having an history with Fuji, a few weeks ago I bought a XT-1. Just for fun. And for using my M42-analog lenses. And I bought the XC35/2. And used it on a portrait photoshoot. And fell in love (again)  with the images from the X-T1 compared to the RP 
So....thinking of selling the Canon gear I have and moving to Fuji. Selling the Canon stuff leaves me with 2000 bucks to spend. But need quite a few lenses for the Fuji system (all purpose zoom, ultrawide, macro, portrait). Lenses for fuji are a bit more expensive, so I have to make a few choices.
One of them is if I keep using the X-T1 or upgrade to the X-T3 or X-S10. Will be buying second hand to give me more options. 
Megapixel count of the X-T1 is acceptable, the only reason I can think of now I would upgrade is the better AF Face and Eye detection and maybe the improved shotrate in images per second.
I'm wearing glasses and love the viewfinder of the X-T1.
Is the camera upgrade worth the money, knowing that I then need to to some savings on the glass?

Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow