Help, SPP display garbled

Started Aug 18, 2022 | Discussions thread
Scottelly
Scottelly Forum Pro • Posts: 19,191
Re: Help, SPP display garbled

shuji wrote:

Half of the time I open a file, SPP does this:

the files opens fine at the start, while SPP is doing the blue bar thing. but when the blue progress bar finishes it winds up looking like the above image.

when i zoom in, things look fine:

I tried to search in these forums but cant think of what to search for. the files dont appear to be corrupt, they open fine at 1:1 and export fine.

I'm on a Mac M1 air with 8gb ram.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

Perhaps a RAM issue? I had firefox and a pdf reader open, closed the pdf reader just now and SPP seems to be behaving for now.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers.

I thought Apple (or Sigma) fixed the weird problems, but I do remember trying the newest version of SPP (at that time) on.my friend's new 13" M1 MacBook Pro, and it had a couple of weird issues. It worked very quickly, but when I tried to view raw files at 100% size they would show upside down. I tried turning them right side up, and they would turn on their sides, but when I would click the rotate button to turn a photo right side up, the photo would turn upside down again. That was one of the weirdest issues I've ever seen with a new computer, and I wonder why it would happen.

I blame Apple, because the program works fine with the previous version of MacOS on older computers. Sigma did make an update to SPP for MacOS since then though. Apple has issued some updates too.

-- hide signature --

Scott Barton Kennelly
https://www.bigprintphotos.com/

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Nikon D810 Sigma sd Quattro H Fujifilm GFX 100 Fujifilm X-T200 +38 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow