Amazing piece of tech, color me impressed.

Started 4 months ago | User reviews thread
BertIverson Veteran Member • Posts: 4,441
Re: Amazing piece of tech, color me impressed.

Hey fotosean,

Yes, it is the 1" sensors that need the noise reduction help at high ISOs. Since you have Topaz Denoise AI, you are all set for your RX100M7 pocket camera adventures. I see you have a great group of FF cameras too.

Raising ISO lowers the Photo Dynamic Range but I feel that HDR situations mostly occur when I do not need high ISO ie during full daylight. If HDR manages to occur when I need high ISO I just bracket (at high ISO) and merge in PP. So, when traveling, let the ISO on your RX100M7 go high whenever necessary. (Museums, large cathedrals, restaurants and other indoor events etc.)

Sadly, I now use a cell phone for my pocket camera but, in daylight, the cell phone does fine for snaps. My large RX10M4 is definitely not a pocket camera (big as a FF) but it covers 24-600mm eq at F/4 with focusing similar to your M7 and it fits in a simple camera case along with a Nissan i40 flash and spare batteries. At my age, I would not trade it for a Sony A1 system with 24-600 F/4 lenses (~$35,000 and big and heavy)

Cheers,
Bert

BertIverson's gear list:BertIverson's gear list
Sony RX10 IV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow