Nikon D810 Sync curtain error! Any advice?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kirkles New Member • Posts: 2
Nikon D810 Sync curtain error! Any advice?

I was using my D810 in a portrait session today and my camera seemed to be behaving really odd with the strobes.

It was behaving as if there was a curtain sync problem, very much like when you are using flash but have a shutter speed that's too fast for it. Except I only had it on 125sec or 160sec which should be fine (and always has done).

It doesn't happen with every shot (maybe every 5 or 10 shots) and some are almost completely missing the flash and some only a little. But def a big problem.

At first i thought it was my lights (and then even the trigger/receiver) but tests done and its happening with both my lights separately and I replaced the batteries on my triggers/receivers and so my only thought is that it's the camera causing it (though i am going to clean the hot shoe contact just in case).

Can any one help? Is my camera on its way out? Is so strange, it was absolutely fine working with the strobes just two days ago.

Heres an image i took whilst looking at one of my flashes so you can see.

Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow