battery grip for R7?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
RDM5546
RDM5546 Senior Member • Posts: 3,601
Re: battery grip for R7?

Rediro wrote:

How's the kit lens? I got the body only option but I'm kinda curious as to how the kit performs

I did expect much from the RF 18-150. People said kit lenses were usually pretty bad.

After all it was designed like the EF-M 18-150 is soft in the corners but sharp in the center.  Disappointing to me.

To be sure I did my own side by side chart tests vs the lens the forums seemed to lover, the twelve year old EF-S 15-85.   For my copies the RF-S 18-150mm is much better than this older lens and looked much better than the 2017 tests by Cristopher Frost YouTube in the corners.

Somehow my 18-150 was simply great in the center and in the corners.   Apparently Canon learned something from the earlier EF-M design the enable much better results for the RF-S.

My RF-50f1.2 is an amazing lens and much better than the RF-S 18-150.  My RF 24-70f2.8 is also much better but these are much more expensive lenses.   All of these are sharp in the center and corners.

I love mine and I recommend you try this RF 18-150. It is optically great, very small and very light weight.   Too bad it is not a 15-150, then it would cover an equivalent FF of 24mm which is important to me.   Consequentially,  I am waiting for the rumored to get RF-S 11-22mm to cover wide angles.

RDM5546's gear list:RDM5546's gear list
Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM Canon G5 X II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +47 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
amm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow