Nikon D800 not focusing after impact

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
td hydzu New Member • Posts: 1
Nikon D800 not focusing after impact

Hello everyone, this is my first writing here, I do not know if I am doing this correctly.

My Nikon D800 fell over on a tripod backward onto a large rock and It now does not autofocus when not in live view, it makes the lens make a horrible noise and it tries to do some "focusing" but all it does is get more blurry.

In live view, it seems to work but it is not very accurate (I never used live view so I do not know if it was always like that)

But it also does not focus in manual focus mode, when I get it manual focused perfectly in the viewfinder and take a photo, the photo result is out of focus (it seems like the viewfinder or sensor or something is misaligned?). But when I focus it manually in live view it works.

The camera was recording at the same time so here is the video of it falling: https://youtu.be/Pg1bzw-raFQ

Lots of dots looks like fell on the sensor or some thing or maybe it knocked the aperture thing on the lens but the dots are moving as well? They went away after I stopped recording.

I know it is not the lens because I tried 3 different lenses and the same thing happened.

I would like to know how much it would cost fix this (or if it is fixable) and also what is causing the problem. Or if I could sell it on ebay for parts and repair? Since I cannot even focus it manually, I do not know what I am to do with it.

Please help!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow