Seduced by an Apple

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jon Donahue Contributing Member • Posts: 996
Seduced by an Apple

Eve would never have taken that first bite, if she had an Apple iPhone. Way too busy with all the apps for this and that, even one called Argentum, that comes with an ‘Ansel Adam’s Filter' that seems to simulate an old Wratten 25 red on orthochromatic film, delightfully black skies.

Which gets me back to Pentax, and the fact that my near-perfect K-5 IIs and GR II are less and less used. Seduced by the Apple, and the old saying that 'the best camera is the one you have with you'. And the Apple, delivered to me by Amazon, the serpent of technology, is always right there. Light, in my pocket, world's worst ergonomics and all. But it is there.

Am guilty writing this. I've tried to consciously carry my K-5 IIs around, and keep it in the car. But the whole picture-taking-editing process via cellphone is easier, simpler, even if not better. If I had a magic wand? I'd love a Pentax smartphone, optimized for photography, with better ergonomics that the Apples or Samsungs. Dream on, right?

Jon Donahue's gear list:Jon Donahue's gear list
Ricoh GR II Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-70
Pentax K-5 IIs Ricoh GR II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow