a7c and 40mm f/2.5 G

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dmartin92
dmartin92 Senior Member • Posts: 2,439
a7c and 40mm f/2.5 G

I am almost thinking it isn't a good idea to start this thread, because the peculiarities of my photography habits are a bit different, and a lot of people won't understand where I am coming from, and I don't even think that I really have any question... but ...

I am a big fan of prime lenses. Without hesitation I will go on vacation for ten days with only 1 prime lens. I am not really even wanting all the choices a zoom lens provides. I like to have the limitation a prime lens enforces. I know from experience, just the same, I come home with plenty of fine photos.

I have 2 Canon 6D bodies and several prime lenses for them. I also have an old Fuji X100, the original. I know the new Fuji X100V would be a great upgrade, but the other thing I like is the ability to limit the DOF and have the background blurred. The X100 can do that, but with its 23mm lens on an APS-C sensor, it cannot do it easily.

I look at the Canon R6, but that would remain a fairly heavy system. The great thing about the X100 is that it is easy to carry. And so... I have started to think the camera I want... highly portable, around 40mm on a full frame sensor... it's the Sony a7c with the 40mm f/2.5 G on it. I suspect this would be perfect for me.

dmartin92's gear list:dmartin92's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +1 more
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R6 Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow