Learning to use RAW files

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Digital Nigel Forum Pro • Posts: 17,497
Re: Learning to use RAW files

Ab S wrote:

..regarding NR I fully agree: DxO DeepPrime or Topaz. And I also agree that in PL you have it built in..

It's not just that it's built in, but is done as part of the demosaicing process. Even if you set DeepPRIME to 0, you still get a better result than if you don't use DeepPRIME at all. And dxo isca very good raw developer, arguably the very best available. In contrast, Topaz DeNoise is a very poor raw developer, so it's best applied to files that have already been demosaiced in a proper raw developer. .

So you end up using multiple products with transfer files in between, and after all that complexity, you end up with worse quality images than you'd have got effortlessly, in a single step, in PhotoLab.

So I only use DeNoise AI to add a final polish to very high ISO images that have already been processed in PhotoLab. But that's seldom needed.

Digital Nigel's gear list:Digital Nigel's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow