A wholesome walk through the late summer mountains

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Reto B
Reto B Senior Member • Posts: 2,825
A wholesome walk through the late summer mountains

Lately we have such wonderful weather that I "must" go outside all the time. And the occasional rain usually falls in the evening or at night. It could hardly be better.

And of course I have a camera with me almost every time, which inevitably leads to more photos, because wherever I turn, there is beauty to discover. Who could do without picking out the most beautiful compositions and press the shutter here and there?

In my case, nature seems to hold an increased risk of addiction  ...and I am eager to drag you into it  ...and I would even accept a pandemic without fear because there is guaranteed no vaccination necessary  But please watch at your own risk!

The Bird's-foot Trefoil is once again a plant that has medicinal uses. I realize more and more that I live in a natural, living medicine box.

There is some haze in the air which is especially visible in the eastern direction at the current position of the sun.

Looking south, the haze is less dominant. But it is everywhere in the air that we are slowly moving towards autumn.

The Brown Knapweed also can be used for medicinal purposes. Besides their beauty, these bulbs also grant us their healing power!

Despite summer coming more and more to an end up here, we can still enjoy the Fireweed.

The already faded Woodland Angelicas also show the approaching end of summer. But the many seeds also already indicate the next generations of these plants.

On the recently mowed meadows the aftermath has already grown strongly. Down at the bottom of the valley they have already started to cut it and bring it in. I always called the aftermath "dessert fodder" because it contains many tender grasses.

One of my favorite larches invited me today to capture this beautiful sun star. Without the splendor of nature, life would be pretty bleak... I think.

Thanks for looking! I am looking forward to hearing from you... as long as you are friendly and constructive... 

Greetings from the Engiadina,
Reto

Reto B's gear list:Reto B's gear list
Ricoh GR III Sony a7R III Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow