Learning to use RAW files

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Digital Nigel Forum Pro • Posts: 17,497
Re: Learning to use RAW files

JeremyB2 wrote:

Nigel - it seems I must spend a little more time getting familiar with PL. If it isn't too much hassle I would be very interested to know the make up of your main default preset. Up to now I've been using Chromatic Aberration, Distortion, DxO Denoising Technologies, & Lens Sharpness, all at standard settings, before sending a DNG file to C1 for further tweaking. This usually produces images with good IQ but there is no harm in expanding the possibilities available.

This shows my preset settings (from last year, so they may be slightly different today) in my own palette, organised to roughly reflect my workflow; of course, you can use the tools in any order you like:

I also need to look into perhaps buying ViewPoint to help slim the 'fatties' at the outer edges of photos containing people. I wonder if it will become available at a discounted price around November?

Yes, usually the discounts apply to all DxO products.

Digital Nigel's gear list:Digital Nigel's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow